Friday, October 9, 2009

Hi All,
Welcome to our new blog. We are excited about this opportunity to connect with all of you in this new way - to hear from you and to tell you what is happening at Hope Springs.

Often, when I walk to the office in the morning, I wish you were all here so I could let you know what I see and hear day in and day out. I feel a wave of gratitude each morning as I give thanks for this beautiful land and for the people who come here to teach, to learn, to rest, to restore their bodies, minds and spirits.

This morning I'm reminded that "there is no such thing as bad weather". It's a dreary, rainy day and I look out my office window, appreciating the mystery of a woods in the mist. When I go out my door, I hear the water falling over the rocks and into the ravine. I give thanks for the blessing of water and remember how many people do not have access to fresh water every day.

We've had a bit of a rest these past couple of weeks and are looking forward to the second meeting of our Hope Springs Women's Leadership Collaborative, Celebration of Rage, Women's Winter Weekend and some annual retreats led by friends of Hope Springs.

I invite you to visit our blog and our website http://www.hopespringsinstitute.org/ often and to find a time to come to a workshop here and to bring your group for a retreat at Hope Springs.

Wishing you a peaceful day and rest of the year.
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment